When you're away from your home in South Carolina, we offer a variety of Home Watch services to ensure your peace of mind. Whether you're an absentee homeowner or a frequent traveler, Home Watch of the Carolina Lowcountry offers services to fit your individual needs.
• Ensure all entrances are secure, with no evidence of forced entry, vandalism, theft or damage.
• Check outside faucets and hoses for leaks, removal of newspapers, flyers, packages, mail and any other evidence of non-occupancy.
• Visual inspection of roof, gutters, siding, yard, landscaping and pool.
• Check for signs of rodent or insect infestation (nests) and mold.
• Visual check of garage and operate doors to check for any malfunctions.
• Vendor assessment (i.e. “Are they doing their job properly?").
• Inspect for signs of theft, vandalism, damage or other disturbances.
• Visual inspection of walls, ceilings, windows, water heater, tubs and showers for evidence of water damage, leakage, mold, and mildew. Note any usual odors.
• Check thermostats and test HVAC system for proper operation.
• Check that refrigerator, ice maker and freezer are working properly. Dishwasher and washing machine will be run twice a month on rinse only cycle and visually checked for leaks.
• Flush all toilets and cycle all water sources and disposal (including shower valve controls) checking for leaks and to prevent seals from drying out.
• Check electrical breaker panel and reset if necessary following any power outage.